In today’s article, we will be discussing the Facebook Ads Manager, what the Ads Manager does and mainly, how you can create targeted Ads. But before we dive into the main topic, let me brief you on what the Facebook Ads Manager is all about and what it does.
What are Facebook Ads Manager?
Facebook Ads Manager is a Facebook tool that enables you to create and of course manage your Facebook Ads. The Ads manager also allows you to view, make changes, and as well see results for all your Facebook Campaigns. If you really want to run ads on Instagram, Facebook, Messenger, and other social platforms, then you should make use of the Ads manager. To get the Ads manager, go to www.facebook.com/adsmanager/manage/. You can as well download the Ads Manager app for Android and iOS if you prefer using your Android phone. So many of you might or would have been wondering how the Facebook Ads Manager works. I have also been seeing so many questions about what the Ads Manager does. Well, I would say that the Facebook Ads Manager enables you to:
- Manage so many ads at once.
- Create brand new ads campaigns as well as managing creative works such as uploading your ads creative, writing ad copy and also reviewing ho your ads look on various devices.
- With the Facebook Ads Manager, you can see how your ads perform.
- It allows you to review and adjust your campaigns.
- It also helps you check if your ads are aiming towards their intended goals.
How do I create a Facebook Ad?
Here is what you should do if you want to create a Facebook Ad:
- Firstly, you choose your Campaign objective. I will advise you to choose any Facebook campaign objective that matches or fits your advertising goal. Such as; Reach, Traffic, Brand awareness, App installs, Conversions, Video views, Messages, Product catalog sales, Local awareness, Engagement, Lead generation, Store traffics.
- Name your ad campaign. That is, giving your ad campaign a name and always make sure you include the date range the campaign will be running in your campaign name. If you are also advertising either for your clients or your own business name, you can add these elements in your campaign name: Client name/website, Target Audience/Location, Custom Audiences, Facebook page, Creative type and so on.
- Create a target audience.
- Create or set up your ad placement. You can also edit your placement if you know what placement works will be okay for you. The placements include; Facebook (Feed, Instant Articles, In-stream videos, Right column, Marketplace, Stories), Instagram (Feeds and Stories), Audience network (Native, banner and interstitial, In-stream videos, Rewarded videos), Messenger (Inbox, Sponsored messages).
- Set-up your campaign budget and bidding.
- Now set-up your Facebook ads.
Facebook Ads Sizes
There is no doubt that Facebook has so many Ads and here, I would be listing some Facebook Ads and their sizes. They include:
Facebook Feed Ads Sizes
Under this, we have the Facebook feed image ads and Facebook feed video ads.
- Facebook feed image ads: image size of 1200×628 (1080×1080 for a 1:1 image). It has no maximum size restriction.
- Facebook feed video ads: This add is recommended to upload the highest-resolution source video available with no black bars.
Facebook Caurosel Ads.
Under this, we have also the Facebook carousel image and the Facebook carousel videos.
- Facebook carousel image: It has a minimum image size of 600×600 and a recommended image size of at least 1080×1080 (It has no maximum size restriction).
- FaceB carousel videos: The maximum video size is 4GB per video and the recommended resolution is 1080×1080 pixels.
Facebook Right Column Ads
These ads contain similar information to news feed ads but it is smaller and the ads also restrict themselves to a landscape image. The minimum image size is 600×600 while the recommended image size is 1200×628.
Facebook in-Stream Video Ads
These ads enable users or advertisers to release 5-15 seconds, unskipped, mid-roll video ads to people who are already watching Facebook videos on their mobile devices. The ads are just like the type of ads that YouTube as made for some time and they do not appear anyhow. They only appear let’s say 60 seconds into the main video. The maximum video file size is 4GB and it is recommended to upload the highest-resolution source video available.
Facebook Marketplace Ads
On the Facebook marketplace, people can sell and buy things. Under these ads, we have the Facebook marketplace image ads and the Facebook marketplace video ads.
- The Facebook marketplace image ads: It has a minimum image size of 600×600 and a recommended image size of 1200×628.
- Facebook marketplace video ads: It has a maximum video file size of 4GB and it is recommended to upload the highest-resolution source video available.
Facebook Instant Articles Ads.
This tool was designed for public media publishers to release fast and interactive articles to their readers within the Facebook mobile app. Under the Facebook this ad, we have the Facebook instant answers ads images and the Facebook instant answers ads videos.
- Facebook instant answers ads images: It has a minimum image size of 600×600 and a recommended image size of 1200×628.
- Also, Facebook instant answers ads videos: It has a maximum video file size of 4GB and it is recommended to upload the highest-resolution source video possible.
Facebook Stories Ads
Under this, we have Facebook stories ads images and Facebook stories ads videos.
- Facebook stories ads images: It has a recommended image size of 1080×1920.
- FB stories ads videos: It has a maximum video file size of 4GB and it is being recommended to upload the highest-resolution source video possible.
Facebook Collection Ads
This ad allows people to browse a product catalog on mobile. This ad has a range of templates you can use. It depends on the aim of your ads. They include Instant Storefront, Instant Lookbook, Instant Customer Acquisition, and Instant Storytelling. Under Facebook these ads, we have FB collection ads images and FB collection ads videos.
- FB collection ads images: It has a minimum image size of 600×600.
- FaceB has collection ads videos: The video file size is 4GB and the recommended minimum resolution is 1200×628.
Facebook Ads Cost
The Facebook ads cost vary but it has an average cost of $1.86 per click and cost-per-thousand-view of $11.20