Sometimes I wonder if it is just me or everyone that have multiple Gmail account they aren’t using. Well, you can delete the Gmail account permanently if you have no use for it. There are so many reasons why you might want to take this step. It may be because you use the wrong spelling and want to create a new one or you are shutting a business venture along with its email address.
To delete the Gmail account, you must have the username and password. If you have forgotten the password, you could follow the path provided on the Gmail login page to reset Gmail password.
How To Delete Gmail Account
Once you have the right Gmail login details, use the following steps.
Before we go into learning how to delete your Gmail account, take note:
- Deletion of all emails, files, calendars, and photos.
- Lockout of Gmail account. Meaning you won’t be able to sign in with the log in ever again.
- You won’t be able to log into Google services such as Gmail, Drive, Calendar, or Play.
- You’ll lose access to subscriptions and content you bought with that account on YouTube or Google Play, like apps, movies, games, music, and TV shows.
Ok now we know the implication you might face when you delete the Gmail account, let’s dive in.
- Launch your browser on your laptop/phone
- Locate and click on the grid icon to the top right corner
- Select “Account.” from the appearing list
- Locate preference and click on Delete your account or services.
- Click on the option to “Delete products.”
- Follow the prompt to enter your password.
Here you can back up important data before you delete your Gmail account permanently.
- Proceed to click on the “trash bin” icon.
- At this point, filling the space for an alternate email address.
The email address must not be a Gmail account. The step is necessary to delete a Gmail account. Ensure you have the log in detail to account.
- Click on “Send Verification Email.”
- Open the alternative email you entered earlier to access the mail you received from google.
- Click on the deletion link in the mail.
- Log in to the Gmail account if prompted.
- Then click on “Yes, I want to delete ********@gmail.com.”
- Now “Delete Gmail.”
- After that, click “Done.”
Note that the administrator or account creator is the only one that can delete your account. If you encounter any issue, visit https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=enhttps://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en
Thanks for reading Also read: Create a Group Email in Gmail Following these Steps