Delete Your Telegram Account Permanently. Telegram is an online multi-platform messaging app. As well as a cloud-based instant messaging software and application service.
The service provides end-to-end encrypted video calling just like whatsapp and several social media app.
Also, it provides file sharing, VolP and several other features. And it was launched initially on the 14th of August 2013 for iOS and was later launched in October 2013 for Android.
So, now lets move to how you can permanently delete your telegram account. But before then there must be a reason for for you to delete your telegram account.
Reasons Why You Decide to Delete Your Telegram Account
If I’m not mistaken, some of the reasons why you want tyo delete your telegram account include:
- You want to go off for a while. Going off might possibly mean you want to take exams, go on a trip, business travels and many more. So you just want to delete your telegram account to avoid getting some messages.
- Another reason might be probably maybe you do not trust the app that well. If that is the case, telegram is encrypted and oerates like whatsapp and signals. In all, they do not have any strings attached to their privacy promises.
- Their policies worry you. It might also be that you are no longer comfortable with their policies and its wide range of communities as well.
- Telegram is no more the best app for you. With so many messaging apps around, it might just be that you are no longer cool with telegram and how it operates.
- Maybe you feel that the rest messaging apps are better than Telegram. Its your choice though.
- Your Friends are Leaving Telegram. Yes! This might also be one of the reason. Maybe your friends and business associates are leaving the telegram app.
- So, you also feel you should leave too to stay connected with them in the other instant messaging app.
Delete Your Telegram Account
Take note that Telegram removes your account once the account is not active for 6 months by default or you can decide to choose when you want the account to be deleted.
With all that being said, lets now move to how you can easily delete your Telegram account:
Delete Your Telegram app by Self-Destruction Settings
The self-destruction is among the security features of Telegram. And how does it work? The self-destruction feature sees the deleted accpount after some period of inactivity.
And the self-destruct period ocurs six months of inactivity on the service. However you can actually change it to a shorter period of time.
To do that follow the steps below:
- First of all, you will have to log in to your Telegram account on your device and click on “Settings”.
- Next is to click on “Privacy and Security”.
- Once you do that, you can now scroll down to where you have “Delete My Account If Away For” and then change to probably “1 Month” because that is the shortest period of time there.
- Once you do that, after 1 Month, your account will be automatically deleted togeyher with all your media, contacts and conversations as well.
How to Delete Your Telegram Account From a Web Browser
Follow the steps below to delete your Telegram account from a web browser:
- Right on your web browswr, navigate to Telegram’s “Delete Account or Manage Apps” page.
- Once you are there, enter your phone number in the box provided there and click “Next”. Make sure to enter the phone number you used in creating the account.
- Once you do that, Telegram will send you a confirmation code in the Telegram app on your registered mobile device.
- Next is to go back to the deactivation page in your browser, enter the code and click on “Sign In”.
- Once you do that, Telegram will now ask you the reason you want to delete the app.
You can then choose to give a feedback or you can choose to leave the space blank. Yes, because it is optional and also wont stop you from deleting the app.
Also, ensure you click “Done” so as to move to the next steps.
Along the way, Telegram will ask you if you are sure you want to delete the service one more time.
If you are really sure you do not need the service anylonger and you want to delete it, select “Yes, delete my account”.
However, if you arent so sure, then you can click on “Nope, I’ll give it another try.”